Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Step Towards Equality!



This blog post has nothing to do with the class, but it definitely has to do with women's rights and society's view on women (and sex)!! First of all, I'm planning on expanding my blog and continuing to post about women's issues after the semester is over, because it's something I'm very passionate about. VERY.

This particular post has to do with the recent election and America's decision to stick with President Obama, who by the way, is the only president to openly support gay rights, and one of the very few who has supported women's rights.

Many of the candidates involved in this election were, quite frankly, sexist, chauvinistic, disgusting, and heartless human beings. Their comments on rape and abortion and contraception for women prove this. Many GOP candidates have said very, very, very disgusting and disturbing things regarding this issue. Just a couple of examples are Richard Mourdock's comment that pregnancy from rape is "God's will." Hell no it isn't! No God I believe in or want to believe in would EVER want a woman to be raped! Another example is Todd Atkin's comment that during "legitimate" rape, a women's body has a way to "shut down" to prevent pregnancy. Ummm....NO!!! RAPE IS RAPE. And a women's body does not have a way of shutting down during it.

I'm not going to get too much into the details, because I know I'll be in a bad mood for the rest of the night if I do. But I know I would not want to live in a country where our president thinks women should get off work just in time to "make dinner for their husbands" or should not get equal pay or the right to choose abortion or the right to contraception or Planned Parenthood, etc, etc, etc. This is the 21st century! I thought we were past all this!!



I'm so glad that President Obama won a second term! I just can't explain it! The moment I found out he had won, I screamed with joy, so excited and relieved that my rights as women would not be pushed back 50 years! So thank you, President Obama for understanding that women are people too!

I'm also glad that those idiots who said disgusting things about women have been voted out, and instead replaced by women (in many cases) and that we now have our first openly lesbian senator! Woohoo!! Go America!! And thanks!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. ข่มขืน

    ReplyDelete