Sunday, November 25, 2012

Service Learning Journal 11/26

The talk about the female bodies and masturbation went really well! For the last week of the sex ed class, I was prepared to do a talk on safe sex and sexually transmitted diseases and how to prevent them. Unfortunately, none of the girls showed up for this talk because there was a dance recital going on at the same time in the neighborhood. Although they didn't get this important information, I hope that what I did get to teach them in previous classes sunk in and that they will the information when/if they ever need to.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your talk went well! Too bad they missed out on the last talk. And I'm sure that they learned a lot from your previous talks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will forever be amazed that you were able to do this (I would be too frightened and unsure of what to say to the girls). I am also glad that you were able to see the positive outcome of this situation, that you were able to teach these girls about the importance of their bodies. Very encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are so brave to do these talks with young girls. It is a very important topic, but one that most people sweep under the rug because they are too nervous to talk about it. It is great that you can talk to these girls about certain subjects involving sex. I think talks like this will make people less afraid to talk about sex, which is a good thing because sex is a vital part of any society and with it comes many responsibilities and knowledge. Hopefully you will continue these talks because the world needs more brave girls like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great thing that you were able to educate young girls on this topic. There really is no great source of reliable information available to many young girls who know only what they are told by friends and what they see on the TV. I agree with my classmates 100% when they say you are brave to do this. You did a great thing, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a lot to talk to people about sex and sexually transmitted diseases. I know I would not be able to stand in front of a class and do what you've done.

    ReplyDelete